General Manager / 2IC
Here is a newly created role for a General Manager who is looking for the opportunity to take ownership, drive growth and lead a lean global team.
- Key Leadership Opportunity
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Report directly to the Group CEO
About the business and the role
We are an established and successful group of companies operating online in the travel and insurance sectors.
Our culture and team are the heart of our businesses. We operate under the guiding principles of our company DNA: Integrity, Adhocracy, Transparency, POFL, Growth Mindset, Momentum, Easy and Speed.
The General Manager role will oversee a team of 60 with seven direct Manager reports. While our team is global, the Management team are primarily based in our Brisbane office at Milton.
Reporting to the Group CEO, you will be responsible for continuing to build and scale organisational capability to rapidly accelerate Vroom Group’s growth. This will be achieved by leading a global and remote team to operational efficiency and excellence.
Our business is a fast-moving, high volume online retail operation which means you must be prepared to process vast amounts of information, make swift yet considered decisions and proactively chase emerging opportunities.
The role encompasses a broad range of commercial functions across the business including leadership & people management, strategy & execution, new product development, stakeholder & relationship management, reporting & analysis and business development.
You will be a strong leader with excellent commercial acumen who can drive growth across our current and future product lines. Your proactive, hands-on and inclusive leadership style will set a positive example for the team and inspire momentum towards our goals.
The role is responsible for the overall management and development of the team, achieving operational excellence and delivery of the growth strategy.
You are passionate about building and coaching a high-performance team.You are experienced with running global operations and confident negotiating, managing and nurturing business relationships.
You are not afraid to break the rules by following logic and intuition over textbook theories. You are proactive and positive in your leadership approach. You are a doer who ensures that actions are prompt and resolved to completion. You understand the importance of mastering the details while keeping an eye on the vision at all times. You are reliable and honest, acting with the highest level of integrity at all times.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Strategy and Execution
- Take ownership of delivering the Company’s strategic plan and goals with support from the Group CEO and Management Team.
- Responsible for smooth day-to-day business operations including office operations, global HR, commercial matters and product deliverables.
- Work together with the Group CEO and Finance Team to set and manage global budgets.
- Ensure that business operations are compliant with government and governing body guidelines and requirements.
- Manage and update business processes and procedures as and when required.
Leadership and People Management
- Nurture and maintain a positive office environment and culture through both individual and team engagement.
- Manage the team on a day to day basis to achieve the company goals and KPIs in adherence to the company culture.
- Provide coaching, feedback, guidance and direction as needed; ensure that direct report managers do the same for their staff on a regular basis.
- Maintain HR protocols and practices globally. Implement areas of clarification and improvement as and when required.
- Expand best practices and consistency across the entire organisation
- Highlight exceptions and risks immediately as they arise to the Group CEO for discussion and resolution.
Stakeholder and Relationship Management
- Proactively retain and nurture existing business partnerships and manage contractual agreements.
- Work together with the CEO and Partnerships Team to execute the company’s growth plans.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify and champion new products offerings.
- Act as a representative of the company where relevant with both internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting and Analysis
- Work together with Finance and take ownership of budget planning, forecasting, management and progress updates for business operations.
- Share regular operational progress updates with the CEO.
- Periodically review and analyse existing business operations and provide findings and recommendations on areas of improvement.
- Provide reporting and updates on KPI and Goal progress
- Prepare board reports including input from key managers
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry trends and market intelligence.
- 5+ years prior experience in a Senior Management role
- Strong people leadership and team management experience: hire, train, retain, manage, coach and develop talent
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Previous experience managing large budgets
- Previous experience within the Travel / Hire Car Industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Management, Business or similar
- Experience managing global operations and remote teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced digital business
If you would like to apply for this role, please share a Cover Letter outlining why you are interested along with your current resume.
Source: Job posted on SEEK on the 4th December 2017 – https://www.seek.com.au/job/35026058